Kennedy Space Center
Bring Kennedy Space Center into any classroom with Kennedy Online Outreach & Learning (KOOL) Science. A distance learning studio with state-of-the-art multimedia technology, KOOL Science brings live video conferencing to the classroom with an expert educator. Each hands-on lesson addresses National Standards in science, technology and mathematics and specifically relates to NASA missions. Geared toward students in grades 5-8, lessons can be modified for students in grades 3-9. Inspire students with a pre-recorded presentation by an astronaut that can be added on to any lesson.
- Let It Glo! Parts 1 and 2 explores photoluminescence, electroluminescence, chemiluminescence and bioluminescence.
- Get Moving Parts 1 and 2 explores Newton’s Laws of Motion.
- Survivor: SPACE investigates three challenges that astronauts face when living in a microgravity environment such as the International Space Station.
- It’s Only a Phase introduces students to the relationships of the Earth, moon and sun.
- Meet a Smee programs give students and teachers an opportunity to talk with a subject matter expert (SME) in space-related fields.
- Virtual Visit takes students on a guided tour of Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, using video clips and chroma-key technology to bring the visitor complex into the classroom.
Lessons also contain a teacher’s guide with material lists, objectives, evaluation tools, extension activities and more.
To learn more, call 1.855.433.4210 daily 8 am – 6 pm EST.