Summer Math and Science Honors Academy
The Summer Math and Science Honors (SMASH) Academy at Stanford University is currently looking for Math, Science, Computer Science, Design Thinking, College Success and other instructors to teach at our five-week summer program hosted at Stanford University.
All positions can be found here on our website at smash.org/jobs. Here is a summary of positions and some highlights:
- Instructors: Math, Science, Computer Science, Design Thinking, College Success, SAT Prep, and electives like Social Justice, Pixar in a Box, Financial Literacy Robotics and Entrepreneurship. Curriculum is provided!
- Math and Elective teachers teach twice a week for 3 hours each day (TTh) (2 90 minute sections of the same lesson) for a total compensation of $2841
- Science, Design Thinking and College Success teachers work three times a week (MWF) for 3 hours each day (2 90 minute sections of the same lesson) for a total compensation of $3517
- Computer Science teachers work every weekday (M-F) in the mornings for 3 hours each day (2 90 minute sections of the same lesson) for a total compensation of $4869
- Other highlights
- Total compensation includes $150 per day for each day of training (the week before SMASH begins) and debrief after (a total of 7 days)
- Curriculum is provided but you have the flexibility to make the class your own and bring your own expertise into your instruction
- You’d be working one-on-one with our Lead Instructor, who will be coaching instructors to help them perfect their practice
- All classes have about 15-20 students each
Event Date: July 1, 2019 thru August 3, 2019 (with a full week of training starting the week before).
Event Location: Stanford University
Interim Site Director | SMASH Berkeley
(619) 794 3877