New Resource: Second Release of NGSS Example Bundles
The Example Bundles (formerly known as the Model Content Frameworks for Science) will show samples of ways to bundle the NGSS within a school year. "Bundling" is an important strategy for implementing standards, as it brings coherence to instruction and greatly reduces the amount of instructional time necessary.
In June, Achieve released the first set of Example Bundles which featured the following resources:
• Kindergarten Bundles (Thematic Model and Topics Model)
• Middle School Course I Models (Phenomenon and Topics Model)
• High School Course I Models (Conceptual Progressions Model and Domains Model - Chemistry)
• NGSS Example Bundles Guide
This month, Achieve are releasing the second set of bundles which highlight the following resources:
• 1st Grade Bundles (Thematic Model and Topics Model)
• 4th Grade Bundles (Thematic Model and Topics Model)
• High School Course II Models (Conceptual Progressions Model and Domains Model - Physics)
All of the currently available NGSS Example Bundle resources can be viewed here.
The remaining sets of example bundles will be released in coming months and will ultimately cover all grade levels. This rollout will help ensure that curriculum developers for science, including educators and commercial publishers, have a broad set of examples to consider in preparation for the 2016-17 school year.