Region 4 Update - June/July
By Debbie Gordon, Region 4 Director
By the time this issue comes out, most of us will be finishing up school and summer will be upon us. I hope you can take a breath and pat yourself on the back for the tremendous load you carried the last couple of months. We have all learned so many new things about teaching and learning in a virtual space and there is so much more to know. I hope that you can take some time away from your home office and put work off your minds for a little bit before diving back in and planning for a new school year. When you are ready to jump back in, here are two resources from Region 4 I hope you check out.
Orange County Office of Education’s STEM Team has put together a fantastic resource for educators and families that include Social and Emotional Support as well as Academic Support.
OCDE resources and support
OCOE Contact: Christie Pearce
Educational Services, STEM and Humanities
Orange County Department of Education
Riverside County Office of Education also has a wide range of useful Educational Resources for Remote Learning
As well as these useful science-specific resources for remote learning: Guidance – Supporting Students’ Science Learning During COVID-19 School Closures Edited for use of Riverside County schools
- How can Students continue science learning at home?
- Free educational resources for kids stuck at home during COVID-19
- FREE ACCESS – Harvard’s LabXChange: Learn to Access This FREE Platform
- Preparing for COVID-19 School Closures
- PBS Learning: Full-Time Kid
- Flinn At-Home Science Activities
- Flinn At-Home Science Lab Series
- Supporting Equitable Home-Based Science Teaching and Learning During Extended COVID-19 School Closures
- How can families support student science learning at home?
- How can you continue science learning at home?
- Supporting Students’ Science Learning in the Era of COVID-19
- Supporting Educators and Learning in the Era of COVID-19
RCOE Contacts: Email Yamileth Shimojyo or Greg Nicholas